Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mount Vernon

Mom, Carol and I spent the day Mount Vernon, home of George Washington. It's one of the most interesting and enjoyable places I've visited since moving here. If you're ever here in the area - go see it!

Mom and Carol at the entrance.

Mom and I with the Washingtons.
The Washingtons' Mansion
Mom and I with the Potomac River behind us.
George & Martha Washington are buried here.
A replica of the farm George Washington had on his estate.
"Hello, little sheep!"

AND....

Though we could not photograph them, we did see George Washington's famous teeth. They are not wooden as I had always thought. They are made of ivory, metals and a combination of animal and human teeth (ew!).

1 comment:

The International Chef of Mystery said...

I really loved it too. I wished so much that I could live there, maybe because everything was green and in the light of the setting sun, it feels like home to me.